SoLux: Premier Light Source for Illuminating Artwork
SoLux is a patented light source that provides an unparalleled replication
of daylight minus ultraviolet and infrared light. SoLux brings out the true colors and beauty in artwork in museums and galleries worldwide while keeping them safe.
To order SoLux click on the Products tab above.
- List of World Reknowned Museums, Galleries, and Artists that specify SoLux.
- Products. We offer a number of options for you to use SoLux in your Museum, Gallery or Home.
- Recent Developments.Use of our daylight technology continues to grow and thrill users and visitors.
- Technical Information including spectral power distributions, ies files, and photometric charts.
- Daylight: Is it in the eye of the beholder? A paper written by SoLux inventor Kevin McGuire explaining how the eye's response to light and color changes with brightness and how this is used to choose the best light for art.
- An independent paper by Weintraub, Gordon, Scuello, and Abramov confirming 3600K (SoLux) as the preferred lighting condition to illuminate art work.
- Ultraviolet Primer. An explanation of why UV radiation is harmful to paintings and what can be done to minimize damage to artwork.
- American Museum of Natural History, NYC, NY
- Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh, PA
- Folkwang Museum, Essen, Germany
- Guggenheim Museum, NY, NY, and Bilbao Spain/li>
- High Museum of Art, Atlanta Georgia
- Memorial Art Gallery, Rochester, NY
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters, NYC, NY
- Musee d'Orsay , Paris, France
- Museum of Natural History, San Diego, CA
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA
- Rembrandt House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo, OH
- Van Gogh Museum, Netherlands
- Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, Cologne Germany
- Full List